10 Tips to save money on house packing in Brisbane
House packing in Brisbane has to be one of the most stressful things you can do when you move, so the solution is to hire professional removalists, who are also expert in house packing.
However, if you want to DIY your own house packing, here are 15 tips that will help you through the process.
- You need boxes: The best way to pack all of your belongings is with boxes, as they can be easily stacked in the removalist truck. You can purchase sturdy boxes from your removalists.
- Start early: Don’t leave all of your house packing in Brisbane until the last minute, because you will usually throw everything into boxes, rather than take your time to do it all properly.
- Identify rooms: Pack boxes by room, colour coding or clearly marking the room on each box. This helps the removalists to unload each box into the right room in your new home.
- Label: On each box make sure to write the contents, as this helps you to unpack and decide where everything is going to go.
- Number the boxes: House packing can be confusing, but if you number each box as it is filled, you will know how many you have in total and you won’t lose any boxes.
- Number the boxes by room: Numbering all the boxes for each room is also a great way to know that you have all of the right boxes in the right rooms and you aren’t missing any of them.
- Organise: When you start your house packing in Brisbane, begin by packing items and clothes that you won’t need before the move and leave other items until closer to the moving date.
- Weight: Don’t fill the boxes to the top, unless they are very lightweight items. If you fill a box with heavy items, such as books, you might not be able to lift the box.
- Packing: Put heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on top, so that you don’t crush or break the light items.
- Bubble wrap: Breakable items, such as glass and crockery need to be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect them during the move.
For professional help house packing in Brisbane, call Packers & Movers Brisbane & Removals on 0411 182 208 or get a quote online today.