6-Point checklist for relocating in Brisbane
Relocating in Brisbane?
One of the first things you need to do if you are relocating in Brisbane is to contact professional removalists in Brisbane to lock in your moving date. The longer you leave it, the less likely your preferred moving date will be available because furniture removalists are usually booked up well in advance.
Most of us have moved more than once, so we all know how stressful it can be on the day and in the weeks leading up to the move, so here is our 6-point checklist that should make your move go smoothly.
- Organise your packing boxes: Contact your removalists in Brisbane to organise the right type of boxes for your move, because retail boxes aren’t strong enough to protect your belongings.
- Declutter your home: Throw out things you haven’t used in years, sell other items or give them to charity. The less you need to pack and move, the less work your removalists need to do and the lower your removal costs.
- Book cleaners: Organising someone to clean your new home is a lovely treat for yourself because it’s so much nicer to walk into a totally clean home, instead of having to knuckle down and clean it all yourself.
- Disconnect utilities: Don’t forget to inform your electricity, gas, water and internet providers that you are relocating and make sure that you pay these bills before you move, otherwise they are likely to be forgotten when you move into your new home.
- Arrange insurances: If you have purchased a new home, you most probably organised your house and contents insurance at the time of settlement, but if not, make sure to do it before you move in.
- Redirect mail & update addresses: It’s amazing how many people don’t redirect their mail, hoping that the new owners or tenants will send their mail to their new address. If you don’t want to lose your mail, always redirect it at the post office and update your address with all your providers, bank, kid’s schools etc.